Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In the Airplane

I’ve spent the past 5 months getting ready to fly off to South Africa and now that it is truly happening, it’s still hard to believe! I am on my way to South Africa right now.
I have been waiting for this moment almost all my life, the moment when I fly off to somewhere I’ve never been, to see people I’ve never met, to reach the world with God’s love and leave everything else behind. I’ve found it hard to keep focused on that dream. Physically I have kept working hard to earn enough money and continue all other preparations to go to another continent. However my mind has become fearful. I have become afraid of saying good-bye to everyone I know and leaving home. Sometimes I think this fear is pulling me away from God, but now I realize it has only brought me closer to Him. He has made His promise to me in Psalms 41:1-2,

"Blessed is he who considers the poor; The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, And he will be blessed on the earth;..."

No comments:

Post a Comment