Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Getting Ready for the Journey

Wow! Is surprises me to think that I will be leaving for South Africa in just 5 days. It takes lots of preparation to go to another continent for almost an entire year.
Before I go there is of course, packing. What do I want to bring with me that I will have for a year and what will I leave behind?
One thing I will have to leave behind is my family and friends. That is why before I leave I want to spend as much time with them as possible.
I look forward to arriving in Washington DC and meeting up with the other people traveling to South Africa on the same mission. A few of these people could be my future room mates for the year!
Then we will all arrive in Johannesburg, South Africa and drive down to the mission base. It will be so exiting to drive into the base for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment