Friday, May 28, 2010

Revelation in Relationship with God

During my journey (preparations and travel) to Africa, I knew God had something new for my life. Of course crossing over seas and moving into a whole new continent and culture for a year is a new experience, but I felt this change would be deeper than the physical and seep into the spiritual. I had expectations to experience God in a new way like previous events such as a good sermon or Christian concert would. God continued to confirm these expectations through others I have met here. However, I didn’t feel anything changing, but continued to believe that God was moving and our relationship was growing. As the weeks and months went by and nothing seemed to change, I wondered if they would. The other day I explained to someone on staff that I knew God was near and I could feel His presence, but I couldn’t hear His voice anymore. After talking about it a while she said maybe God doesn’t have anything to say, He just wants to hold me and spend time with me. I realized how true this was. I thought over how much God has been speaking to me and now He wanted to just spend time together. Again I have been busy being a Martha and haven’t sat down at Jesus’ feet like a Mary.
“The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14
“I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in lovingkindness and mercy; I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, And you shall know the Lord.” Hosea 2:19-20
I want to encourage you to take some time to rest in God! I will be going on a 2 hour retreat with Him this weekend. Pray that He will reveal Himself to me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment