Friday, May 14, 2010

Lunch with Rebecca


Thursday morning I woke up and thought to myself, “Thursday,…Thursday!!! I’ve been waiting for this day!” I didn’t think I would actually get excited about a Thursday. It’s hard to come out of my comfort zone every week and try to build relationships with the people in Intabazwe. But after meeting our two new friends and being invited back to share the Bible and eat some food our Thursday’s have turned around.
Our friend Rebecca wasn’t home when we came by for our planned Bible Study. A neighbor told us today was pay day and she went to buy what she needed for the month. We figured she didn’t realize that last week when we made our plans.
We went ahead and showed up early at Lilian’s house. She didn’t mind a bit and already had food cooking on the stove. We had tea until the food was ready, and then ate the traditional pap and spinach the traditional way. With our hands! Next week we hope to cook an American meal for her. We will see how that goes with our little experience cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment