Friday, October 8, 2010

Peace in this Storm


I left family and friends almost 9 months ago to fly over the ocean and live in Africa for a year. With that there were a few fears, but God has been wiping those fears away. One fear was leaving someone I might never see again on this earth. I use to think that it was harder to let someone go if I wasn’t there to say goodbye. I might have to say goodbye again when I get back and realize the person is really gone, but for now, I can say goodbye.

My Peace, God
My storm, Grandpa’s death

Here is the last half of the first verse and chorus to the song, “Praise You in this Storm.”

as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

This song plays over and over in my mind and the words have been a conversation between God and me. I’ve complained to God and I’ve cried out to Him.

“I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble. When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way” (Psalm. 142:2-3)

He did not tell me to hush; He didn’t tell me to learn to go on, He said, “I’m with you.” (Deut. 31:8) He is with me and knows my sorrow. He knows what it is like to lose someone, He lost His Son. The best part is that His Son came back to life and now lives in Heaven with God and my grandpa has joined them! I can’t help but thank God for that. I praise and worship Him because He is my Dad, Comforter, Savior, and Peace. I don’t understand how people choose to live without Him. Doesn’t everyone want life to be good even when it’s not? To have real peace? I love my Father, and with Him I still have peace in any storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment